My nice neighbors made me a delicious strawberry cake for my birthday.
School is out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! To celebrate my birthday and to celebrate the end of the school year, we went geocaching on a very familiar trail that we love. Rachel didn't want to go so I let her stay home. I sure missed her, but figured she is old enough to start making her own decisions. I drag my kids on so many hikes....it's okay for her to stay home once in awhile.
I love skunk cabbage. I think the yellow flowers it produces are beautiful and they don't stink to me. I also love the big leaves. Check out how big the leaves are compared to Erin Joy....
The dogwood flowers were blooming everywhere. I love these little flowers.
Erin hikes with her Ipad to take pictures. She keeps the earphones in to keep her ears warm. Seriously. Silly girl. She really isn't listening to music or anything....just keeping her ears warm.
The tiger lilies were in a perfect spot for taking pictures of the flowers with the ice caves.
The caves usually look like this in late August. We hardly had any snow or precipitation of any kind this winter. Spring and summer have been dry too. The river hardly has any water. People are concerned about wells going dry and drought conditions. A drought in wet Western Washington seems strange, but certainly possible this year.
I did some serious bush-whacking to get to this rock to finally find a geocache.
This little Hello Kitty is the prize I chose because my youngest daughter loves Hello Kitty.
Columbines were blooming too. In fact, many wild flowers were blooming now. That means the flowers on Mt. Rainier will be blooming early too.
The Stilly River is practically empty.
I love my hiking buddy!
And another geocache....just off the trail so it was much easier to find.
Launchpad🚀 - Meet Y.J.
5 days ago




No comments:
Post a Comment