From: Patrice Williams Shelley Idaho Relationship:
Words can not say how much your dear mom will be missed. Every where she went she influenced people for the good. I often joked about how uncomfortable it was living next to the most Christ like person anyone has ever met. However, because of her Christ like attributes she never once judged me or my family. She was a great example to us and always willing to help in any way she could. I will miss our talks in our driveway, her wonderful smile, her little moomoos from the Marshell Islands, her news paper clippings she always brought over, her updates on her children and grand children (who she is very proud of), the treats she always brought over to share, her wonderful advice, her insights of the gospel, and the little tap tap tap at my door that we always knew was her because it was as soft as her soft spoken voice. I love your family and am sorry for your loss. I know that she is still watching over you, praying for you, and will be waiting patiently for the day she is reunited with you all. With Love, Patrice Sent: 8/28/2015
|
From: Leesa & Justin Mitchell Shelley Idaho Relationship: friend
Mr. Simmons and family, We are so sorry for your loss, Lila was a kind, soft spoken, loving woman. She will be greatly missed by everyone. Our thoughts and prayers are with all of you at this time. Sent: 8/28/2015
|
From: Brent and rosemary palmer Shelley Idaho Relationship: Neighbor and friends
Our deepest sympathies for your family for this too early loss of the sweetest most loving lady we know. Lila is a humble example of a christ-like life and we are all going to miss her perpetual smile. Please know of our love for your family. Brent & rosemary palmer and family Sent: 8/29/2015
|
From: Cassie Richards pocatello Idaho Relationship:
My heart goes out to the family of this most wonderful selfless woman. She was my gilrs' kindergarten teacher. The teaching world will miss her immensly! Sent: 8/29/2015
|
From: Genny Graham Relationship: Co worker
To the family of Lila Simmons, I am so very sorry for your loss! Lila was a wonderful person, and she taught my son Mat, for which I'm thankful! God bless you all during this difficult time. Sent: 8/29/2015
|
From: Gary & Bonita Higley Idaho Falls Idaho Relationship: Directors of Idaho Falls Temple Visitors' Center and Friends Forever
We are so very saddened by the passing of Lila. She and Wayne were so very wonderful at the visitors' center. We remember very clearly watching her at the feet of the Christus surrounded by groups of children, sharing her testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. She had a special and loving spirit about her at all times. It was fun sharing monthly get togethers with all of the couples that we served with. We send our love and prayers to Wayne and their family. She will be greatly missed, and we are so greatful that we had the opportunity to know and love her. Sent: 8/29/2015
|
From: Tom and Sue Frame Platte City Missouri Relationship: Friend
Wayne and family, we were saddened by the news of Lila's passing. Our deepest condolences to you, your children, and your grandchildren (especially the two we share) in your loss. We pray the Lord will lighten your grief and wrap you in His comforting arms. God be with you. Love, Tom and Sue Frame Sent: 8/29/2015
|
From: David and Deanna Fried Shelley Idaho Relationship: friend
Dear Simmons family, We wish to express our condolences for your great loss. Lila is such a wonderful lady! She was always willing to share and serve. She has been a great compassionate service coordinator for her ward. She was also a great sunday school teacher. She always shared her sweet love and spirit with others. She was proud of her family and often spoke of each of her children with such love. She will continue to watch over you and will be waiting to reunite with all. Sent: 8/29/2015
|
From: Randall maughan American Falls Idaho Relationship: Friend
Wayne and family, it was with sorrow that I heard about Lilas passing. Kathy and I will miss seeing and working with Lila in the IF Temple on Thursdays, such a wonderful lady. Many our Father in Heaven bless and watch over you during this time.R Sent: 8/29/2015
|
From: Marilyn & Maurice Clegg American Fork Utah Relationship: Cousin to Wayne
We are so sorry about your loss, Wayne. We read the obituary online after Sue's phone call. We are so impressed with Lila's great accomplishments - large family, long-time teacher, devoted church worker and cherished companion. Our thoughts and prayers are with your family. Sent: 8/29/2015
|
From: Greer Swearingen Idaho Falls ID Relationship: Neighbor
Mr. Simmons my thoughts and prayers are with you and your children.....looking back at my childhood I have only fond memories of going to preschool and caroling where we stopped at your house. Wishing the best for you Sent: 8/29/2015
|
From: Michael Campbell Aurora Colorado Relationship: Great Nephew
Aunt Lyla was such as nice Great Aunt. We had so many good memories of Thanksgiving with the Larsen family. Visiting with Aunt Lyla was the highlight of these visits. She is a sweet lady and always made us feel happy. We can't wait to visit with her again! Love, Michael and Net Campbell Sent: 8/29/2015
|
From: Angie Bainbridge Relationship: None
I'm truly sorry for your loss, I hope during this difficult time you find strength and solace in the promise Jesus made to resurrect all those in God's memory. I know this includes Lila. Sincerely, Angie Sent: 8/29/2015
|
From: CAROLYN LYON firth Idaho Relationship: Friend
Wayne We were so surprised when we heard about Lila. She was a great lady. May the Lord be with you and your family at this sad time in your lives. Isn't our knowledge that families are forever comforting at this time, and you know you will be with her again. Love Wayne and Carolyn Lyon . Sent: 8/29/2015
|
From: Gaylene Hahn Goshen Idaho Relationship: sister in the gospel
Lila was a fantastic visiting teacher along with her companion, Janice Felsted. They both have such amazing testimonies and wisdom. I always looked forward to their visits because I knew I would be uplifted by their great spirits and joyful humor! I only hope I can meet my maker someday with the credentials Lila had. Well done my dear sister! Condolences to the family. Sent: 8/30/2015
|
From: Stephanie Huntsman Shelley Idaho Relationship: Mom of her student
So sad to hear of this sweet lady's passing. I had the pleasure of helping out in her classroom and my daughter and I loved and appreciated her. She had a gentle soul and a big heart. She remembered and asked about Kayleigh just a few months ago even though it's been 20 years since she taught her. Such a lovely lady. She will be missed. Sent: 8/30/2015
|
From: LeIna Christensen Saratoga Springs Utah Relationship: Friend
I am sincerely sorry to hear of Lila's death. I wish I could be there for the funeral but I cannot so accept my condolences I loved all of your family. Sent: 8/30/2015
|
From: Christina Christensen Shelley Idaho Relationship: friend
Wayne & family, Your family has been such an intregal part of Goshen for many years. I always admired Lila. She always had a smile on her face and a hug. She believed in what the Savior said "love one another", I never heard her raise her voice or speak badly about anyone. It was a pleasure to be the passionate service person when she was the relief society president. She was always checking on people and making sure they were not forgotten. We are all blessed to have such a beautiful person in our lives. She will be waiting with open arms and a sweet smile for you, Sent: 8/31/2015
|
From: Susan Frame Relationship: Child
This is a link to a movie my sister, Stacey, made for my mom for Mother's Day 2013 We would like to share it with you.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rZLX1gj6mk Sent: 8/31/2015
|
From: Mesa Jackson West Valley City Utah Relationship: friend and neighbor
My heart broke when I heard about sweet Lila Simmons' passing. My childhood would not have been the same without her. She always had a smile on her face and I don't think I ever heard her raise her voice or become angry even when us neighbor kids were being rambunctious. She was literally like a 2nd grandma to my siblings and I. I remember one time, when I was little I was trying to sell rocks out in our lawn that I had painted. The only one I soled was to Sister Simmons which made my day. My deepest condolences to you and your sweet family, Brother Simmons. I wish I could be there to celebrate her life with you at her funeral. Love, Mesa Sent: 8/31/2015
|
From: Pam Stuart Kaysville UT Relationship: Friend
Our thoughts are with Mrs. Simmon's family. We have fond and loving memories of her. Such a sweet and loving teacher. Our children dearly loved her. We dearly loved her. She will be greatly missed! Sent: 9/1/2015
|
From: Micahel Malcom Pocatello Idaho Relationship: Friends
Your family's faith and testimony have helped strengthen me, and I know Lila was a big part of that. My thoughts and prayers go out to each of you during this trial. Sent: 9/2/2015
|
From: Ann Hansen (Capson) Whiteside Firth ID Relationship: friend
Wayne & Family; I was saddened to hear of Lila's passing. She was always so kind and compassionate. You have an amazing family, a tribute to both. May the Holy Comforter continue to be with you all. I am sure you have felt His presence. My condolences, Ann (Capson) Whiteside Sent: 9/8/2015
|
No comments:
Post a Comment