I was amazed at the amount of people at camp. Over 900 people registered...Wow!!! That's a lot of single people around here! Sheesh! You think I could find a husband or something! I didn't find a husband this weekend, but I certainly had a lot of fun!! (I'm NOT looking for a husband...just to make that clear...)
We loved camping in a teepee on a little island in the middle of the lake.
The mist rising from the lake in the morning was absolutely beautiful. I really couldn't get a picture of it, but you can imagine.
There was evidence of beaver activity all over the island. It was well named, "Beaver Island."Posing by the bridge leading to our teepee...
We enjoyed a nice hike to Franklin Falls.
Our little hiking group....
Hay ride...
Canoeing around Beaver Island...I took this picture behind my head. I was too scared to turn around. I thought I'd tip the boat:) I get nervous in boats. I was grateful our cousin came with us and steered the boat from the back. If it wasn't for her, I'd still be in the lake going around and around and around and around....
We floated by our great teepee! Fun! I loved staying in a teepee on a little island!
Talk about a mega slip 'n' slide!! This was a lot of fun!! We didn't bring water shoes so the girls borrowed one pair from a friend. They took turns going down the slide with the borrowed shoes. Here are a few pictures followed by a little video. I hope you watch the video...it is pretty funny when both girls fall down:) The sun was shining directly into the camera so the pictures and video quality is poor, but good enough. I'm just glad the sun was shining!!! It was absolutely beautiful all weekend!!
Horse back ride--parent led horse back ride--I had to pretend I wasn't afraid of horses and lead the horse around. Glad my girls had fun:) I pretended to have fun:)
Just playing under the bridge and around Beaver Island.
The children's activity room included balloon animal making and other fun games and crafts. We all had a great weekend!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment