We have friend who live near Leavenworth in a gorgeous valley. They invited us to stay with them, but my girls really wanted to stay in a hotel so they could swim. We decided to stay at the Enzian Inn so my girls could swim and I could enjoy the man playing the alp horn.
We had a great time! We especially enjoyed seeing our friends and visiting with them. The girls had a great time swimming. Our friends have a great store in Leavenworth. They make the BEST roasted almonds, cashews, and pecans. I thought my favorite were the Thai Chili cashews until I tried the Curry Coconut cashew. Yummy!! You should all order something from them (click here) or check out their store in Leavenworth.
We had a little adventure going home. The car was overheating, our heater wasn't working, and the check engine light came on. I was a bit worried as we drove through snow over the pass and prayed we would make it to the other side without destroying the engine. We did make it to the other side and found a great little automotive shop in a little town west of the pass. It cost $130 for the mechanic to tell me my radiator cap wasn't tightened properly. Nice. I'm going to take that bill to Jiffy Lube and try to get them to pay for it. They changed my oil and checked my fluids a couple of weeks ago. I certainly haven't taken the radiator cap off...it must have been them! Grrrr....
Other than a little car frustration, we had a great time. We look forward to having fun together for the remainder of the week. We'll make it better than Disneyland!
Here is a little video of our adventures followed by a few of my favorite pictures:
To Grandma because she loves gingerbread cookies...we are sending you some that we purchased here...



No comments:
Post a Comment