Sunday, June 17, 2012

940 Saturdays

Reader's Digest quoted Harley Rotbart in his book No Regrets Parenting as saying that there are only 940 Saturdays between the day your child is born and the time (s)he turns 18.  "The phrase might serve as reminder to cherish the time you have with your child and to use it wisely."

I really cherish every minute I have with my girls.  It was such a journey to adopt them that I never want to take a minute for granted.  They are growing so fast. I can't believe my oldest is already 10 years old! 940 Saturdays to play....we better make the most of it!

Our Saturday fun yesterday began with our new tradition of getting pedicures/manicures during the last week of school.  We are so excited to be starting our last week of school.  We wanted beautiful toes for wearing flip flops this summer.  The last time we got pedicures, Erin Joy giggled and giggled when her very ticklish feet were being touched.  This time, I was prepared with my camera.  Unfortunately, she didn't giggle, but she pulled some great faces.  Here is a little video--Rachel first, expressive Erin Joy second....










This was my attempt at making a watermelon shark for a friend's graduation party.  It didn't look as good as the picture off the internet (last picture).  Next time I will make the mouth longer and next time I will use an oblong watermelon instead of a seedless watermelon.  The little grocery store I stopped at didn't have seeded oblong watermelons.  Too bad.  We'll try it again sometime:)



No comments:

Post a Comment