Saturday, September 22, 2012

First Day of Fall

We spent our first day of fall pseudo-camping with friends.  In other words, they went camping near our home and we joined them at their campsite.  We enjoyed a little nature walk hike and a hike to the ice caves.


Check out that big tree fungus!
I love all the moss and ferns that were growing on this tree.  So beautiful.  I love living in the northwest...it is so green and beautiful.
I thought this fungus was pretty.
I love the colors of fall.


Check out the low cloud...very beautiful.




Here is a video containing more pictures.  The music choice from Mary Poppins was made because Erin Joy spent most of the day teaching Nick how to spell "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious."  Nick was a good sport.  
 

When we got home, Erin Joy was excited to see that her Halloween costume came in the mail.  She wants to be a penguin.

Even penguins have to do homework....
Imagine her wearing black pants.  Isn't that a great costume?!

Penguins can play the piano too.

No comments:

Post a Comment