Friday after school, we quickly loaded up the car for a free night of camping at our church's property (in exchange for helping cleanup the property before closing for the season). We loaded up the car so quickly that we forgot our toothbrushes. Shucks. The kids didn't mind.
When the moon came out, we took a little walk by the river. It was so beautiful.
The moon peeked out from the clouds. It was a beautiful night.
I love the Chinese tradition of looking at the moon during Mid-Autumn Festival and thinking about the people you love looking at the same moon.
Did anybody I love look at the moon??
We lost our breakfast to a flock of hungry birds. We went to the bathroom and left our breakfast sitting on the table. That was a mistake. Guess we fed a bunch of crows. Our tent had bird poop all over it too. Nasty. Darn crows!!
Tonight we got together with a few friends and celebrated at a local park. Just as the moon came up over the trees, the kids helped tell the story of Hou Yi and Chang E.
Here are nine of the ten suns....I wonder where the tenth sun is? Perhaps just out of range of the camera.
Yes, I know having a little lantern parade isn't done in China for Mid-Autumn Festival. I know lantern festival happens fifteen days after Chinese New Year, but we think it's fun to have a Moon Festival lantern walk.
It was pretty tough to get pictures of the kids together. These two pictures turned out pretty good.
Happy Mid-Autumn Festival to all of you!!
Launchpad🚀 - Meet Y.J.
5 days ago



No comments:
Post a Comment