Friday, March 8, 2013

Cat Tree and Biggest Tonka Truck I Have Ever Seen

 We got this fantastic cat tree for free on Freecycle. We were hoping our cat would play in it and sleep in it.  Her current favorite spot is the top bunk in Erin Joy's bedroom.  Bella, the cat, loves sleeping on Erin Joy's head.  Unfortunately, Erin Joy is allergic to Bella.  We hoped Bella would choose this for her new favorite place.

Nope.  The only time she visits her new cat tree is when we pick her up and put her on it.  We even sprinkled it with catnip. Nope.  Still prefers sleeping in the top bunk on Erin Joy's head.


And now to change the subject completely, but I just happened to have downloaded these pictures tonight...

 We not only live within walking distance of our school and a waterfall....we live within walking distance of a big Tonka truck.

We decided to explore the road near our house that leads to a quarry and discovered this big truck.  Pretty fun! My nephews need to visit so they can see it!



 Rachel can almost squeeze between the two back tires.



 Other quarry pictures...

Beautiful trees and hill sides being blasted away for rock and dirt....

We have several quarries in the area.  Several logging companies too...

A lot of trees and rock gets hauled away from our mountains.

Not so sure how I feel about that...

I know we need wood, gravel, rocks, and dirt and I know the companies are careful to plant more trees, but there sure are a lot of empty spots on our mountains.  The blasting is noisy too.



No comments:

Post a Comment