Sunday, March 10, 2013

Spring!!!

I filled the planter with spring flowers.  Daffodils are definitely my favorite.  They look so happy.  I love the William Wordsworth poem about wandering lonely like a cloud over the field of daffodils. I'd love to be a cloud floating over a field of daffodils in the spring.

 I have to plant pansies because they are my mother's favorite flowers.  The reason they are my mother's favorite flower is because they were her mother's favorite flowers. There is a children's song in our church that talks about pansies growing beautifully even when the weather is still cold. Both my mother and grandmother love that song, so I plant pansies in their honor.


These are poppies just about ready to bloom. 

 I love the smell of hyacinths.  Most spring flowers don't have much of a fragrance, but hyacinths do. I have to plant a few of them.
 And of course...the first sign of spring....crocuses. I hope the squirrels don't eat the bulbs and my flowers come up next year and every year.

 Happy Spring Everybody who reads this!!


No comments:

Post a Comment