Cougar, Washington with a population of 137 turned out to be quite an entertaining place for fireworks. One businessman spent $15,000 on fireworks and other brought their fireworks (probably purchased on a reservation) and lit them off in the middle of the highway. The highway wasn't closed....cars just slowly drove through. It reminded me of all the firecrackers in Taiwan with people walking around everywhere. Fireworks were going off before we arrived and continued after we left. (We drove carefully through them...) We were there for one hour and forty-five minutes.
A man about 15 feet away from us ended up getting burned when a Roman Candle turned sideways and caught his shirt and pants on fire. The fireworks continued around us as the ambulance drove up. I was a bit concerned for my children and my car as fireworks were blasting all around us.
Definitely a memorable show!
Here is a long movie of all our adventures....
I see the movie on my computer, but not my iPad. I can't figure out what is wrong. I'll try to put it here using a different code and see if it works....
And a different code...






No comments:
Post a Comment