Sunday, September 15, 2013

First Day of School Pictures...just a little late

 We have been busy and putting pictures on my blog hasn't been a top priority. We had a foster child stay with us during the first week of school. It was wonderful to have her with us, but added to our stress level. I was sad when DSHS found a different placement for her because I enjoyed having her stay with us, but happy that she will now be with her brothers.

I was so busy and stressed that I totally forgot to take pictures of my students on the first day of school. I feel terrible. In all my 100 years of teaching (well, it hasn't been that long, but it seems like it sometimes...), I have always taken pictures of my students the first day. Until this year. Shucks. I did take pictures the second day.

I did take a picture of Erin Joy on her first day of fourth grade.  She is really, really enjoying school this year and I am so grateful. She hasn't always enjoyed school and school is often difficult for her. I hope and pray she has a good year and learns many things.
 Not only did I neglect to take pictures of my students on the first day of school, I neglected to take pictures of Rachel on her first day of school. She is now in 6th grade. Middle School!! Yikes! Middle School starts an hour too early. I can't believe I forgot to take her picture.

Here she is on the second day of school. After school. Wearing her first day of school outfit. Minus the heavy backpack because I just made her pose by the door after school and her backpack was inside.


Rachel is really enjoying middle school. I am so grateful. I was more worried than I should have been. Rachel is a good student and has always enjoyed school. She is excited to change classes and have more freedom than she had in elementary. She won a water bottle when her name was randomly selected in a "tiger pride" drawing. That must be a sign that it is going to be a good year for her!


 I couldn't resist taking another picture of today's produce. 24 tomatoes picked from our two tomato plants (planting in a small flower bed in front of our house.) I have been picking 5-10 tomatoes almost daily. 24 in one day is our record. Check out the beans too! All from one little plant that Rachel planted from her science experiment bean seed growing in a cup.  We probably have zucchini needing to be picked too. I forgot to look.

 This tomato has ears. Isn't it cute?!

No comments:

Post a Comment