I am so blessed to be a mother to three wonderful girls. I am so fortunate to be a mother. I used to detest Mother's Day and often skipped church on this dreaded holiday (I am a faithful church attender so this is unusual for me.) Before I adopted my girls, I wanted to be a mother so badly that listening to talks about mothers, just hurt too badly so I often stayed home and read a book or something to take my mind off of Mother's Day. I now really enjoy Mother's Day, but I am very mindful of others who might experience a lot of pain on this holiday.
Anyway, today was a perfect day for me. After church, we enjoyed a yummy lunch, had FHE (family home evening...typically done Monday nights, but we always have ours Sunday afternoon because Monday nights are busy with ice skating), then I had what I really wanted...a nap!! After a nice nap, we went for a walk to a little waterfall near our house. It was a beautiful sunny day. Nothing is nicer than a walk through the woods in Western Washington on a beautiful day. We came home and enjoyed our first picnic dinner of the season and ended with ice cream cones. It doesn't get much better than this. Oh, I can't wait until summer officially arrives! We are camping the weekend after school is over. YIPPEE!!! I love summer!
Here are a few pictures from our adventures of the day:
Rachel was so excited to find an "Arizona" rock. She had so much fun there and talks a lot about returning.We went to the falls with our neighbor friends so they are in our pictures. The girls had a fun time scrambling over rocks and exploring.
Rachel pretended this was a balance beam and made me slightly nervous.
This was my attempt to get a picture of my two girls together....Erin Joy cooperated...Rachel not so much.
This is a good picture of Rachel and the neighbor girls. Too bad Erin Joy isn't in it...
Tree huggers...
I definitely live in a rural area...not often you see a sign for a lost goat wearing a collar:)
My girls had fun making dandelion curls for me as Mother Day gifts.
Our picnic shared with neighbors...notice the girls still wearing bicycle helmets:)
I love the notes from my sweet girls.
My "mommy corner" is getting very full. I added a shovel from my youngest foster daughter.
All three girls made special shovels for me (they bought a bunch of shovels in bulk years ago...).
I love to see their personalities coming through in their shovels.
People who know my girls will easily guess which shovel was made by which girl...
Here is the cute Mother's Day gift from my youngest. (Her favorite color happens to be purple).
(We don't have a TV....she is right...my favorite TV show is "nun!") I definitely love to take naps too:) So precious!
It was a fabulous Mother's Day for sure!





Stace, you're ten feet tall! awesomeness!
ReplyDelete