Sunday, August 14, 2011

Loving Summer

We had so much fun floating the river. My girls have never done it before because I have always been too nervous about their swimming ability. They swim well enough now that I don't worry if the raft flips. Erin Joy was so funny. She seemed so shocked when we floated up on the beach near our house. "Wow! That was so lucky! The river we floated in ended up at our house," she said surprised. Silly girl. It was all luck and no planning for sure:)
After floating the river, we went camping near our home.  We enjoyed spending time with my former roommate, her family, and their friends. The kids especially enjoyed playing on the big trees that had fallen in the forest of our campsites.

Isn't she adorable??!!



Erin Joy somehow manages to get other kids to give her piggy-back rides. Her friend is a year younger than she is and much smaller. She must be strong!
We enjoyed a short hike to the ice caves.  I love this "picture tree."
We had so much snow last winter, a cold spring, and a non-existent summer. There is only one very small cave at the base of the glacier. Crazy! It looks like it normally looks in early June.  I can't believe it is mid-August and the snow looks like this:




These are the only footwear Erin Joy took camping. I suppose I should have monitored what she was packing. She brought some lovely skirts and dresses too.  Argh!!!  Nothing like hiking in snow with flip-flops!!
The kids had fun sliding down the small hill of snow.  Even the littlest enjoyed the snow!

Happy birthday, Ping!! I sure enjoyed having you as a roommate years ago and I am so glad we still live close enough to see each other once in awhile!

No comments:

Post a Comment