Every year on her "Forever Family Day," Rachel gets one "ornament" to place on her adoption tree. I bought all the ornaments in China when I was adopting her. Today, she looked at her ornament and said, "It's Pluto!" It does kind of look like Pluto.
She has grown a lot since she placed her first ornament on her adoption tree in 2003.
Nine years ago, I held my daughter for the first time. My life has never been the same. I loved her from the moment I saw her picture and holding her for the first time was an amazing experience. It seemed that time stood still. Even though we were surrounded by people, I felt the two of us were alone; enjoying every minute of time together. The long wait was over and my dream of being a mother was finally fulfilled in the tiny baby I held in my arms. As I looked into her beautiful eyes, I felt a love I never knew was possible.
Happy Forever Family Day sweet Rachel! I loved you from the time I first saw your picture 9 years ago and I love you today. Thank-you for being my daughter. Thank-you for teaching me, playing with me, and loving me. I am so blessed to be your mother.
Launchpad🚀 - Meet Y.J.
5 days ago




Very cool!! Look at how many experiences she's had since her adoption day, and that's just what you were able to show in a 5 minute slide show. Looks like you're both very lucky to have each other :-)
ReplyDeleteShaya is sitting next to me watching the video, so I was explaining this is celebrating Rachel's 'adoption' day. She had no idea Rachel was adopted :-)
You have such beautiful girls! Happy Rachel Day!
ReplyDelete