Rachel is holding our fourth grade "author's quilt." The students wrote to their favorite authors and gave them a quilt square to sign. Jan Brett didn't follow directions very well and made a huge quilt square. Hence the bigger squares in the bottom corner of the quilt. It was such a fun project. I loved getting quilt squares from authors who are also illustrators such as Mercer Mayer and Patricia Polacco. Henry Winkler's letter to the students was really inspirational. He really is a good guy. He talked about how hard school was for him because of learning disabilities. He talked about working hard to overcome those disabilities. Jan Berenstain's quilt square arrived a few days after she passed away from a stroke. When we heard she had died, the other teachers and I said, "guess we won't be getting a quilt square from her." We were wrong! How neat to have an autographed quilt square from her knowing it must have been one of the last things she did before she passed away. Very special indeed.
The girls fell asleep on the way home from their last day of school. I'm exhausted too. I would have been asleep if I wasn't driving. I had to take pictures while I drove. When the car stops, they wake up. It's hard to take a picture behind your head and drive at the same time. My first attempts looked something like this.....
Did better on these....
My poor dirty car....full of things that we will move into our new house if we ever get a new house...and full of our dirty laundry. We celebrated the last day of school by going to the laundromat and eating milkshakes and french fries while we waited for our clothes to dry. I'm tired of the laundromat. Can't wait to have our own washing machine in our own house.
Introducing....
A 350 AR point reader...
And an "Outstanding Academic" achiever with a pin and a certificate signed by President Obama....
And a 375 book club reader...
And an outstanding AR reader.....
Still an amazing reader...
And a master jump rope jumper....
And a presidential fitness award winner also signed by the president....
That's a lot of awards!! Nice job Rachel!!








This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete