Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Happy Birthday, Erin Joy!

 My baby is now nine years old! I can't believe it.  I am so grateful she is my daughter.  I love her so much.


I tried to make Erin Joy's birthday special by feeding her bacon for breakfast, giving her a big balloon, and presents.  I guess it wasn't exactly what she wanted/needed.  I have decided her "love language" is writing notes.  She always writes me little notes.  After the bacon and gifts this morning, she wrote herself a card on an index card. It says (including spelling errors):

"Happy birthday Erin Joy you are a sweety piey I love you sweety piey Love: Stacey and Rachel. You are cute. I love you."

She told me that she knew that Rachel and I were busy and didn't have time to write her a card so she wrote one for us.

Argh.  Guilt.  She didn't need bacon or gifts or a big balloon.  She just needed a card.  I spent my lunch running to the store and buying a few candy bars/candy and attaching them to the notes.  "You are my Almond Joy."  "You are a Sweetart" etc.  I went home and left the notes in various places around the house.  I put a couple in her backpack at school.

She loved it.  She was so excited about the notes and candy.  She counted all the cards and enjoyed each message.  That was exactly what she needed to make her birthday extra special.  She sure is extra special to me:)



No comments:

Post a Comment