Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Eight Years Ago Today...Happy Family Forever Day, Erin Joy!

 Eight years ago, a scared and reluctant toddler was thrusted into my arms. She had a rough few weeks. (I did too.) I am so happy that our first few months are a distant memory. Now I can't imagine my life without Erin Joy. She is so happy and so sweet. She is truly a joy! I love her so much.  Thank-you for being my daughter, Erin Joy! I love you more than chips and salsa! (This is what I say to her every night because I really love chips and salsa.)
 Every year on her adoption day, she gets a special ornament to put on her "adoption tree."  I bought all the "ornaments" in China during the time I was adopting her.  She also get a little memento from her adoption. This year she got a kid's menu/coloring book from the Hard Rock Cafe in Guangzhou.
 Her adoption ornament this year is a ball with a rooster on it. She was born in the year of the sheep, but adopted in the year of the rooster.
 I love you, Erin Joy! Happy Family Forever Day!
We celebrated by going to Golden Corral. Erin Joy loves the idea of all-you-can-eat cotton candy. I make her eat something healthy in between each cotton candy. Her lunch included a piece of pizza, mandarin oranges, peas, and three big cotton candies. I have a picture of her with her cotton candy on my camera, but forgot to download it. I'll put it on here later.

Here is a memory video:

The second song is a song I sing to her all the time. I change the words to "Have I told you, Erin, that I love you...."etc.  Erin Joy heard this song a few months ago and was really disappointed that it was a "real" song. She thought I made it up. Nope:)

No comments:

Post a Comment