It has been five years since Erin Joy's last laser treatment. Her birthmark has gotten a little bit darker, but is still much lighter than it was when she was a baby. Her dermatologist and I felt that now would be a good time to have another treatment. She shouldn't need another treatment for another five years. I'm so glad we are finished with the trips to Seattle every 2-3 months for a laser surgery. Once every five years is fine with both Erin Joy and I.
Several doctors and nurses commented on how sweet, kind, and funny Erin Joy was. I think so too:) She insisted on listening to her own heartbeat, finding her own pulse, etc.
She was a little groggy after the procedure. The actual laser took only about 20-30 minutes, but it took her over an hour to wake up.
I think she looks adorable with her ice pack strapped to her head.
She is supposed to eat liquids and foods that are easy on her stomach. I think a big chocolate chip cookie qualifies! She has never had any issues with the anesthesia and today was no exception. She loved riding in a wheelchair and eating a cookie in the hospital cafeteria. It was all a big adventure to her.




No comments:
Post a Comment