This card from Erin Joy made me laugh. Overwhelming?? I'm overwhelming? She couldn't think of any "O" words so she chose "overwhelming." I suppose it is better than "obstinate." Or "ornery." Or "obese."
She also made me this lovely picture that I promptly hung on my "I love you" corner in my bedroom. Notice all the handprint and great school projects. I sure love my girls. I sure love being a mom!
She also made me a card, but she won't give it to me because it isn't finished. I sure hope I get it some day. She also gave me lotion that she saw while browsing a gift shop at the lilac gardens. (I was outside smelling flowers while they browsed.) She wanted to buy the lotion for me, but she didn't have any money. My friend, Jean, bought it for her to give to me for Mother's Day. Rachel told her that she would pay her back. I will probably have to remind her to pay Jean back. Thanks, Jean!
I love smelly lotion so I was very excited. And very surprised. I'm not often surprised by gifts because being the only parent means that I often help my children shop for presents for myself or I just go without a gift. It is fun to be surprised by gifts once in awhile.
We made yummy pineapple chicken and greens for dinner and I ate my dinner on a special plate. Neither girl liked the recipe (it was a facebook recipe that one of my friends shared), but I liked it. I will be eating it for a week. Yummy! Not sure why the picture is sideways.
I have the best mother in the world. Really. I'm not exaggerating. My mother is the most Christlike person I know. If you watch this video of my mother, notice how many pictures there are of her holding babies and reading books with children. She loves babies. She loves children. Notice the picture of her on her knees helping Rachel sweep the floor with a little broom.
My mother is ALWAYS serving her children and grandchildren. I know we are all love unconditionally. My mother is amazing. I love you, Mom!! Happy Mother's Day!
I really enjoy this poem. I have never heard it until this year. This describes my mother, too. This is why my mother is so Christ-like. All the hours of service and love she gives to her children and grandchildren only to be given something as minimal as a lanyard in return reminds me of the Savior. All the love and service the Savior has given to me and in return all I have ever given Him is something as minimal as a lanyard.










No comments:
Post a Comment