Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Birthday Continues and Talent Show

I enjoyed a great dinner of chips and salsa using the nice platter my friend gave me.
The morning of my birthday, I was awakened to a great surprise. My friend had come over and helped my children make me breakfast in bed. It was a fabulous breakfast: huge pancakes, fruit, a chocolate croissant, and lots of bacon.  What a wonderful way to start my birthday! I was so full, I couldn't eat lunch.

Erin Joy loves to leave me notes and I love to receive them. She even spelled "it's" and "your" correctly! Nice!!

 
This is our last week of school! Hooray!! No snow days to make up this year! My birthday celebration was even more special because Rachel performed during the talent show. She does an excellent job on the flute.  Erin Joy is very talented too, but she does not like to perform. She still remembers the year I made her perform (kindergarten) and hasn't recovered yet. She was chosen as one of the school helpers to lead the school dance. Rachel was chosen too. At the end of the great flute performance, I included a little bit of the school dance featuring Erin Joy and Rachel as leaders. (Erin Joy was kind of hidden on the back row.)

 
One of my friends has a birthday the day after mine. We often celebrate together. Her husband grilled hamburgers and hot dogs for us and then we shared a yummy cheese cake. Happy birthday to us!
 

 
Rachel has been a dedicated member of  "Safety Patrol" and has helped students cross the road. Today was her last day. Sigh. On to middle school....
 


No comments:

Post a Comment