My friend's son is a very intelligent college student. He has invented all sorts of contraptions and was recently hired to work on a torpedo to put in the ice in Greenland to measure temperature/thickness of ice/or something like that--related to global warming. He gave us a tour of his lab. I understood only about half of what he was talking about...the kids understood even less, but they had fun with the swivel chairs.
After our fun tour in one of the science building at the U of W, we went to an EXCELLENT restaurant. I had never heard of it before which is probably a good thing because it is expensive and I would have spent too much money there. Now I am going to struggle to stay away. It is one of the top ten restaurants in the world. The first restaurant opened in Taipei, Taiwan. They now have restaurants in Hong Kong, China, Japan, Singapore, Australia, Los Angeles, and Seattle (actually Bellevue). Nice! We had to wait for 1 1/2 hours for a table because they don't take reservation and it is a very popular place. We knew the wait would be long so we went on Monday thinking it would be shorter. Nope. It was worth the wait. Fresh dumplings! Fresh noodles! Real hot and sour soup (Rachel didn't like it). Yummy! I am now convinced that there is a difference between food in Taiwan and food in China. Food from Taiwan is much better. I can still taste it. Amazing! I can't wait to go to Taiwan again and eat fresh dumplings and noodles.
Check out their webpage by clicking here.
While we waited, we had fun watching the dumplings and noodles being made.
This is probably too small to read, but it give a little history of the restaurant.
Playing on the skybridge while we patiently waited for a table...
Yummy food!!!
Poor Nick was a really good sport with these wild girls.









No comments:
Post a Comment