
Rachel has been taking ice skating lessons on and off for the past couple of years. She really enjoys it and I wish I could let her skate more often, but it is so incredibly expensive. I want her to follow her dream of skating for "Disney on Ice" so I am supporting her as best I can by providing lessons every other session and taking her public skating once a week. I thought that would be enough, but I feel very guilty after listening to some of the other mothers talking. Some of these kids start skating when they are 3 years old and skate daily for hours. Sheesh. I don't want to devote that kind of time and money. I told Rachel if she really wants to follow her dream, she is going to have to work really, really hard with the few session I can provide for her. Her goal is to finish the basic classes by the time she turns 12 and have a private coach. She is determined and will probably reach her goal. Sigh. Private coaches are even more expensive. We'll make it work somehow. She also needs braces desperately and it isn't covered in any of my insurance plans. I really need to go to China and Taiwan too. I wish life wasn't so expensive.
Just had to vent a little....now to more important things....
A video of Rachel's first ice skating competition. I think she did a great job. Keep up the good work, Rachel!
No comments:
Post a Comment