We had an amazing week full of camping and fun. I took over 600 pictures and just chose a few to post on the blog. If you want to see more pictures and hear a report from my children, be sure to watch the videos at the end of the post.
Our first stop was at Boulder Cave. It's called a cave, but it is really a tunnel. I originally thought it was caused by a volcanic eruption, but it was formed by river erosion.
We met my parents at Ohanapecosh Campground in Mt. Rainier National Park. Erin Joy always camps with a few stuffed animals. She was excited that Grandpa gave her a penguin.
We hiked around Sunrise to Shadow Lake. The wildflowers were beautiful.
We also went to Paradise and Tipsoo Lake.
The Grove of the Patriarchs is a nice short hike leading to an island full of big trees. The water surrounding the island protected the trees from fires and volcanic erruptions.
After camping at Mt. Rainier, we went to Grayland Beach to camp with other adoptive families. It was colder than Mt. Rainier and rained a little. My parents found shelter in my tent.
My girls with a couple of friends.
We had fun going up a lighthouse.
A road named after my mother!
Playing on the beach...fun, but cold!
I love this smile. She generally scowls or sticks her tongue out whenever she sees the camera. I get excited when she doesn't know I'm taking her picture and can catch a real smile. She has a beautiful smile.
Rachel just has to do cartwheels on the beach!
Rachel and I enjoyed the sunset while Erin Joy played with friends at the campsite.
We followed my parents as far as Oregon and stopped at Oneonta Falls. We had to climb over a huge log jam and wade through a stream which eventually got too deep for my children. On the way over, Erin Joy swam on the way over and I carried Rachel. On the way back, I carried both girls. It was very COLD! The waterfall was beautiful so it was worth the effort.
After Oregon, we went home long enough to unload the car and take a shower. We then joined our friends for a hike in the Carbon River Valley side of Mt. Rainier. We saw Spray Falls followed by Spray Park which is a meadow full of wildflowers and great views of Mt. Rainier. Spectacular.
The kids had fun playing in the snow. Erin Joy tried to save three pieces of ice in her shirt and pockets. She ended up with a wet shirt and wet pants.
The Magenta Paintbrush can only be found on Mt. Rainier. It is my favorite wildflower. Scarlet Indian Paintbrush can be found elsewhere, but the magenta is a special Mt. Rainier flower.
Grayland Beach report....















No comments:
Post a Comment