Saturday, October 6, 2012

Erin Joy's Penguin Party

 We began Erin Joy's birthday party by making pizza shaped like fish.
 While the pizza was cooking, some girls jumped on the trampoline...
 Others enjoyed penguin bowling...
 After eating, we played a few penguin games.  We sang a great penguin song too and I wished I would have video taped it.  Imagine silly girls flapping wings and waddling like penguins.
 Erin Joy drew a lovely penguin (with a big head so there would be plenty of room for beaks) and we played "pin the beak on the penguin."
 We had to have a penguin pinata of course!
 Here she is!! The beautiful penguin birthday girl!

 So glad we found a table on Craig's list this week otherwise I have no idea where 13 giggly girls would have sat to eat cupcakes and ice cream.
 Some girls watched movies (Mr. Popper's Penguins and Happy Feet of course)...

 While other girls had pedicures and manicures.

 Waddling while carrying penguin eggs was a bit tricky.
 Even the stuffed penguins got to wear penguin party hats!
 And then the real fun began....the sleepover.

They giggled and played until 10:30ish.  I had them go to bed.  They all wanted to sleep in Erin Joy's penguin/glow-in-the-dark room even though they would have fit better in our large bonus room.  They laughed and giggled in the room until 12:30.  It was finally quiet at 12:30 and I thought they would go to sleep so I went to bed.  I was awakened at 3:30 in the morning by happy laughing, screaming, jumping, running around the house.  I couldn't believe NOBODY was asleep except for the grownup in charge.  Ooops.  They were playing Barbies, kitchen, and PE class.  Fun times.  I hope they created good memories even if they didn't get much sleep.
Here is a video with more pictures....

No comments:

Post a Comment