Sunday, October 21, 2012

Remlinger Farms

 We had a wonderful time at Remlinger Farms yesterday.  I was worried about the weather because this week has been very wet, cold, and windy.  The day started off drizzly, but some blue sky popped out just in time to have fun at the farm.  During the afternoon, we had to take cover in a barn while we waited for a downpour followed by hail.  The storm didn't last long, but it was enough to scare most of the visitors away.  It didn't scare us away and we continued to enjoy the afternoon without many other people and just a slight drizzle.  Nice!!

I really enjoy summers in the Northwest, but the long, dreary, rainy winters aren't my favorite.  I have decided to change my attitude after reading the following in a magazine:

"Sunshine depresses me.  It's just the same thing over and over; I like days with moods, days as unpredictable as a toss of the dice.  Which is why I believe that, after a long hot summer, this is the best time of year in the Northwest.  Because the real weather is coming."

Sunshine has never depressed me and I certainly need to learn to enjoy these "moody" days.  The weather has definitely been as moody as my daughter and I certainly enjoy her--moodiness and all.  (Those of you who know my daughter will know which one I'm talking about.  The one who was sad as we were leaving Remlinger Farms because she wanted to go on the roller coaster one more time.  I know my daughter--we could have ridden the coaster 100 times and she still would have wanted 'one more time.')

I am going to enjoy the moods of winter this year.  Yes, I said winter.  I think we went straight from summer to winter.  The only sign of autumn has been the beautiful fall colors.  We went from beautiful fall colors in summer-like weather to beautiful fall colors in winter-like weather.

Anyway, we really enjoyed our day at Remlinger Farms are we were very grateful the weather cooperated (for the most part...)

Here are a few pictures followed by a video....


Cartwheels wherever she goes...


 I took several pictures of the girls having fun behind me while riding in the front of the little roller coaster.  It was a bit tricky;)
 Proof that we had hail...




No comments:

Post a Comment