Monday, December 2, 2013

Adoption Tree and Christmas Tree

 Every year on Rachel's "Forever Family Day" she puts an "ornament" on the tree. The "ornaments" are trinkets I purchased in China when I adopted her. Look how small she was the first year she put an ornament on the tree and how tall she is now! The tree is the same....the lights no longer work, but it is the same tree.  I love you, Rachel! I am so grateful you are my daughter.
 Our advent calendar is up! Thanks, Aunt Becky! There is a scripture in each pocket and four pieces of Halloween candy (yes, we still have a lot of Halloween candy left over). Let the countdown begin!!
 We usually decorate for Christmas on Rachel's birthday (December 3rd), but this year we decorated on her Adoption Day since it fell on Sunday.  I love watching the kids put ornaments on the tree and reminisce about past Christmases.  Here is one over decorated branch full of Erin Joy's favorite penguin ornaments. (They get to choose one ornament a year and she has liked penguins for awhile...)
I kept a sign Erin Joy made last year and she put it on the tree again this year. Last year, she labeled all the Christmas decorations. I'm grateful she labeled the tree in case we forget what it is!



 Sure love these girls!!!

 And of course, they have to make back bend bridges for the Christmas train!
 Toys are getting a ride on the train already...
 Baby Jesus up front...
 Angel Gabriel in the coal car...
 Mary....
 The Grinch and an elephant....





No comments:

Post a Comment