I had a fun birthday! We went to a park with our cousin and good friend. We enjoyed a great band, Hey Marseilles, wonderful garden displays, and fun times playing in the park. My friend bought me their CD and gave it to Rachel to give to me. Very sweet. I really do enjoy their music.
The video above gives a little sampling of the music which is different from any I have heard before. A viola, cello, trumpet, and accordion joined by drums and electric guitars...very interesting and very good. They are going to perform with the Seattle Symphony in October and I'd love to hear them. After the music, you will see the new trick with whipping cream that our cousins taught us. Following the whipping cream trick, you will see video of my girls jumping out of the swings at the same time...they thought that was neat and wanted a video. The last video clip is the sprinkler I want when I have $200 that I can't think of how to spend. I will never have $200 to blow on a sprinkler so I'm hoping my brother can figure out how to make one for less than that. I'm going to make him watch the video.
There were a lot of beautiful garden displays.
I loved all the bonsai displays. What a great use for a Barbie!
Had to go to the park once in a while in between looking at garden displays....
Our cousins watching the band.
There's the expensive sprinkler I want:)
Ideas for my father who loves bonsai gardens:
This is what you should do to your childhood wagon, Dad!
My birthday cake! Yummy strawberry shortcake! Thanks Dan and Crystal!
Five kids all alone on the swings...we discovered we were all alone because the park closed 30 minutes before we left. Ooops. We were having fun:)
These are flowers given to me by my neighbor. What a great birthday surprise!! Happy birthday to me! I'm getting closer to 100 every day (Erin Joy announced my age in her first grade class and then said that my age was very close to 100!)
One of my sweet students gave me a Chinese gong too! I should have taken a picture! I will another day. I'm going to use it to get my student's attention! What a great gift:) Another friend gave me chocolate and perfume. It was a fabulous day indeed:)



No comments:
Post a Comment